Friday, July 17, 2009

A Time of Many Emotions

Today my heart is filled with mixed emotions. I'm full of praise because I have a Savior that loves me as far as the east is from the west, a husband that will go to great length to care for me and our children, two (almost three) beautiful children, and a member of a church that truly is the body of Christ. Every day that I walk through the doors of Grace Chapel I'm immediately touched by Jesus' hand touching deep into my heart and soul. I'm surrounded by many friends that love and support me right where I am at that moment in time. When I leave through the outer doors I'm a changed person after hearing an incredible sermon spoken from our Father through our obedient Pastor Steve Berger. On Wednesday night Pastor Steve taught us about intercessional prayer. He spoke of three characteristics that you would find in a person that knows how to pray in this manner. (This is where my emotions become mixed up). The one characteristic that has stuck with me is agony. This one is the one that I've been wrestling with in my heart during prayer time and didn't know what was going on in me. When I'm in my prayer for our Chinese Princess I'm brought to a place that is hard to sit in, that is hard to understand, that is hard to pray through (at times), that is hard to come out of. I know that God has me there because I'm to identify (another one of the three characteristics) with at some level what my daughter lives in on a daily basis...but is that really possible? Can I ever have a good taste of how my daughter feels living where she lives, what she is thinking? Will I ever be ale to understand even a little of how this has effected her? Will Eric and I be able to help her heal from the scars that have formed deep inside her soul. The only way that we can ever have a shot is through Jesus. He is our ultimate Physician!!!!! Our Healer and Redeemer!!!!!!!!! Today I cried out to Him..... that He make things right for her, that He take me down to her level of agony, that He teach me and prepare me so I can identify with her, agonize with her, and then lastly bring her to a place of authority (the third and final characteristic) where we can all (as a family) stand strong knowing that she has won this battle in her life. With all these things being said...I ask for you to intercede and pray on behalf of our family and all the orphaned children of the world. We have a battle (along with many other families) to continue fighting and Satan is trying to take us (along with other families)down because he doesn't like the work that we are doing for God's Kingdom

I ask for prayer on these things:

1) our son has had two seizures now in the last 10 days. I know this is Satan trying to bring me down through my son. Please agree with me in prayer that I won't stop fighting the fight. Also please pray for healing in my son.

2)The the Lord's hands of protection surround Eric when he is at work. He recently had a very dangerous day at work that could have ended in great tragedy but Jesus interceded....Praise Him.

3)That the paperwork involved in all adoptions across the world get done speedily and all the orphans be given their families and all the childless couples be made parents.

I ask all of these things in Your Mighty, Mighty, Mighty name JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: