Monday, July 6, 2009

I will praise you Lord

Hello All
I'm sorry we haven't posted in several days. Eric and I had an very eventful weekend with our son. We had to take him into the ER late Saturay night (due to a childhood illness) and needless to say we are all still trying to catch up on rest. With all that went on, that night, God's peace and love was all over the situation and I continue to praise Him for that today. Some of you may know but others may not know the difficultness that comes with having a child with an illness. When they are first diagnosed your life as you know it is changed forever. You don't know if you will ever get back to normal. You think that life will have control of you from now on. You believe that this all will last forever. But then you call on a Savior that is Sovereign, is loving, is full of mercy and grace and all of a sudden you can breath again and you see that life doesn't have control of you... Jesus is the one in control. PRAISE YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!!! Even with this incident on Saturday I know that He is in control. I may not like the fact that we have problem days along the way but I will always cling to Him in the good and the bad. As the coach in the movie "Facing the Giants" says, "We will praise Him when we win and we will praise Him when we lose." and Peter tells us in 1Peter 4:11; in all things God may be praised.

Today I received new pics of our princess. I usually love to get new pics of her because it enlightens me, my love for her grows deeper and I simple love to just look at another pic of her. Well these pics didn't do that today. They made me sad. They made my heart break. She wasn't smiling in any of them. She was just standing there stairing into the camera. Because she isn't herself in them I choose not to post them. I choose to share the true side of my princess... spunky, happy...the queen of the orphanage. I did come to find out that she along with the other girls, in the photo, were sad because some of their friends were adopted into their forever families and now leaving. I ask you to please pray for these children. It must be very difficult and hard to understand why your friends have left. I pray now that all of their hearts are filled with our Father's love and peace and that all fear and sadness be gone in the name of Jesus......

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Konrad. I know it's been awhile since a big episode. I'll keep him (and you all) in my prayers. Remember you can send Cecilia over to sleep if you need to run to the hospital in the middle of the night. I know Cecilia and I know she'll always want to go with you...but if you ever want her to stay...