Friday, September 18, 2009

My Name is Now Usan

Every day this week has been well lets say an adventure in getting to places, trying to get a good school day completed, or working on my 2nd job... adoption paperwork.
Yesterday was no different when it came to a day of purely chasing my tail.

If you don't already know, Eric and I have decided (if money allows) to take our kidos with us to China. With this being sad we now have to hurry up and get their passports right?...right!! OK here's where I share with you about why I'm changing my name to Usan. I am unable to find Konrad's birth certificate so I had to go down to the health department to get a copy. This sounds like an easy errand to accomplish right?....WRONG!!!!! When we arrived there it was POURING POURING rain to begin with. Needless to say Konrad and I had a challenge of trying to avoid puddles, running through the parking lot, seeing that the entire parking lot was one BIG puddle. We made some fun out of it and splashed through the inches of water...WEEEEEEE!!! We arrived in the building to be greeted by some very nice people at the front desk who told me that they could have his birth certificate ready for me in a matter of minutes. WOW I thought. This is going to be easy and we can get the passports with no problem.... WRONG!!!! Just a few minutes later the kind lady calls me up and as I'm pulling my money out to pay her she asks, "How do you pronounce your first name?" I thought this was an odd question seeing that my name is simple, so I replied with the answer...Susan. She looked at me oddly and said, "It is stated on your son's birth certificate Usan not Susan." All I could think of at this moment was "here goes Satan working his schemes again." This very kind lady went to make a few phone calls, to see what she could do for me, to only find out that I have to make an appeal on this manner. She gave me the number for me to call to find out how to get it changed and we left empty handed to then go run back through the puddles to the car. We came straight home and I got right onto the phone to be hung up on several times due to phone problems in their department (honestly I think it was it's Friday and the end of the day phone issue). Anyway, when I did finally get through to someone I was told that the lady that deals with this issue was out of the office and will return on Monday....UUGH!!!

Well I started thinking (dangerous thing for me to be doing) the way I figure it it would probably just be easier to stick with this new name that, without my knowledge, was given to me over 9 years ago.....so until further notice I will be dropping a letter from my name and be going by Usan instead of Susan. Well at least it's less writing for me....

No comments: