Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Sweet and Precious Day from the Lord (from Sunday)

The Lord Jesus is sweet. The Lord Jesus is precious. The Lord Jesus is loving. The Lord Jesus is perfect in His creation of each day and boy did He give us a day of all these adjectives. Since the last post from today our day just kept getting better so I wanted to share what happened after the fundrasing lunch earlier today.

Our day first started out with hard work but great blessing in return at our fundraising lunch. We came home to rest our barking dogs for just a moment before we were out the door again to our home group. This group is new for us, we've only been going to this group for a few weeks. I tell you this because of a sweet moment that Eric and I experienced through the host family's 5 y/o daughter Mabry. What a precious child of God is she. Jesus has a tight hold on this little girl and what a gift we were given from God to be the bearers of a gift through her.

Mabry helped her mother earlier in the week make brownies for our fundraising lunch (I'm guessing this is where she learned about our adoption of Alicia). Anyway, the Treanor family was moving out the door after when Mabry came to me and in a very soft voice said that she wanted to give me some money. I bent down to her level and said to her, "What Mabry, I didn't hear what you said?" she repeated, "I would like to give you this $ to help you bring your daughter home. I hope this helps bring her home faster." I WAS SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!! This sweet, kindhearted, little girl obviously heard Jesus speak to her heart. She heard Him speak and she acted on it obediently. I stood there still speechless but now with tears streaming down my face telling her, "Jesus is deep in your heart...don't you ever let Him out. That giving spirit that you have comes from God and don't you ever change." she then looked at me with her big but tender eyes and said very softly, "OK."

I believe I cried the whole way home that night. How sweet and caring is our Father that He cares so much about every detail of each blessing He gives you that He makes sure we see Him well inside each blessing. I came home and immediately taped that dollar bill up on our bathroom mirror so I can look at it often and remember the sweetness of my Savior through the heart of a precious little girl. That dollar bill is a wink from God. That dollar bill is worth more then the thousands that have been raised over this last year. God uses all his children to show His heart... to show His miracles. Yes God even uses little 5 y/o girls in Spring Hill, TN in the year 2009 to perform His miracles.

If this wasn't enough from the Lord for one day he just continued to give. We came home to find 2 wonderful emails. The first one was one from our friend Michael, that used to work in the orphanage, with our girl. He told us that he had talk to her, on the phone, that night. She shared with Michael that she knew about us and knew we coming for her soon. She actually gave a specific date but I will wait on sharing that with everyone. Just want to see if the Lord has something to do with her getting this specific date in her head or if she came up with it another way.

Our second email was from a mom who just returned from adopting her daughter. She sent us these amazing up close pictures. She told us that God told her to take these pictures. She didn't know that she was our daughter. She didn't know if she was one of the ones to be adopted. She just heard God speaking to her. These pictures are amazing. I've always said that she is a real beauty but my goodness...she is strikingly beautiful. I can only get one to copy over to my blog. Unfortunately it isn't the best on but it's still good.Eric and I say that we can see through her eyes straight down to her soul.



Sunday October 10th will definitely go down in our books as one of best days we've had this past year. Well at least until we get to go to China and have our "Gotcha Day"
Thank you again to ALL our friends and family for your support today. We love you all so much and look forward to sharing the end of this journey with you....

No comments: